Marketing Made Fun
21 May 2021
How are we feeling after the explosion of information from my B2B Guidebook last week? Informed? Overwhelmed? Wanting to crawl into a ball and never think about Marketing again? As tempting as that may be, I assure you that at its core Marketing is by far one of the most fascinating and fun sectors to work in. That’s right, it’s time for marketing made fun.
Just like any business, there are ways to keep it exciting whilst still delivering excellent services and content. Personally, and I swear I’m not biased, I believe copy is the easiest way to do this. Changing the tone of your words can instantly engage and entertain people, and copy is everywhere you look after all. Creating exciting visuals & videos also draw people in, just make sure they’re still informing the viewer about the chosen subject. It’s also important to remember not to try and make everything fun – always read up on the subject matter, target audience and end goal.
However, If you’re still not convinced about marketing made fun, I have devised one of my favourite activities to both help you solidify your newfound knowledge and have fun: riddles. Call me a nerd (I accepted that a long time ago), but I assure you it is a very effective tool for learning. And who knows – get them all right and there could be a prize in it for you (respect, the prize is respect).
Now if you’re not so great at riddles don’t you worry, next week I’ll be delving into the ever-changing world of robotics, artificial intelligence and their places in Marketing. However for the sake of my ego I would appreciate it if you tried them out. You never know, you could be a secret riddle extraordinaire!
(Hint: all of the answers to the following questions are in my B2B Guidebook so make sure to check it out if you haven’t already!)
Riddle Me This
- I’m used in science, cooking & education. I help to guide everything that touches me, and yet you barely register awareness, interest or consideration in me. What am I?
- I thrive in the dark, surrounded by treasure. I also enjoy helping you measure. I find what is buried on land and on sites, I’ll find out how many of these targets will byte. What am I?
- The jungle is vast and yet I stand out. If you need to be seen, I know how to shout. I shock & I awe and always come on too strong – just don’t miss your chance for I don’t stay for long. What am I?
- I’ve been led across trenches and far oversees, when you get confused, I organise with ease. We’ll take it step by step and I’ll see you to the end. Just be careful how much you are willing to spend. What am I?
- I can make you feel seen and get you new friends, catch my attention and you’ll never be ignored again. But say the wrong words and you’ll fade from view; you don’t want to be at the end of the queue. What am I?
- I love walking our best friends and showing teams how it’s done. Depending on the words around me, I can weigh a tonne. I can be a little dense, but you can always follow me. I’ll help fuel your business as much as can be. What am I?
- I love B2B and drawing you in. My skills are varied and vast, my team is built in. I love what I do – and haven’t you heard? If the saying is right, I can kill 4 birds. What am I?
- You cannot touch me nor see me, yet I market and sell. I both commend and criticise equally well. I spread like a wildfire when I am surprised, just be careful of my loyalty which can be compromised. What am I?
- It’s hard to ignore me, to follow it through. I promise your next move is all up to you. I can lead to more knowledge or something new to own, just keep going on the path you’ve been shown. What am I?
- I’m the first port of call, the gateway, the door. You’ve been taken to me because you want to know more. You can travel to so many new places from me, and I’m perfectly designed in simplicity. What am I?
How do you think you did? If you didn’t get any of them, you either need to study up some more on marketing terms or I need to re-evaluate how difficult I made them. I tell you what, it’s easy to see them as easy when you’re the one writing them! If you did get them, well done! See? You just learned some more about Marketing in a (hopefully) fun way. It’s all about keeping things exciting and produced in an enjoyable way.
Now for the answers – If you are looking at these before you read any of the riddles, shame on you. I hope that you never have a satisfying cup of tea ever again!
- Data Mining
- Guerrilla Marketing
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Word of mouth
- Call to action (CTA)
- Landing Page